Thursday, December 22, 2005

Back in Sydney

We have been back in Sydney for a few days now, and I love it here. Linda has headed back to Canada and me and Nerida are still in Manly. Yesterday we had a great day, we took the ferry into Sydney, about a half an hour ferry ride. We went to Paddies Market, which is a large flea market. We both bought skirts to wear for Christmas. I have really wanted one since I got here, all the girls wear long billowing skirts that look really comfy. Then we walked down to Darling Harbour, there are Chinese Gardens there, and a ton of bars and restaurants looking out over the harbour. We stopped at a cafe and sat outside for a while.

There is also the Aquarium, and we decided to check it out. It had tons of amazing stuff, lots of little turtles, two platypus which are so adorable, crocodiles, jelly fish, sharks, seals....but most imprtantly, a loggerhead turtle! I was beyond excited. He was in a tank that you can walk in and it goes over your head. He was so beautiful and I was just so amazed when I saw him. I have never seen a turtle even clost to that size, he must have been twice as big as the Green Sea Turtle we saw diving. I took a ton of pictures, until my batteries died. And then I jsut sat there, and watched totally stunned by him. Nerida had to drag me away eventually, I could not take my eyes off him.

After that we had a great dinner in Chinatown, and then to a bar called Ambercrombie to listen to some drum and bass. It was a good way to end the day. We caught the last ferry back to Manly.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Honey,
If you opened this now you'd be saying Merry Christmas I believe, hope you are having a down home down under time, and the snow white boomers have delivered some swag,or at least a little tucker. Love you, miss you.
DAD

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home