Saturday, December 03, 2005

First Few Busy Days


Well, it feels like we haven't sat still since Wednesday when we left Canada, and today is Sunday. We spent one night in Sydney in an area called Manly. Our hostel was right across the street from the beach, and it was beautiful. We will be going back to that hostel in three weeks. I dipped my feet in the water but didnt swim cause I was so tired.

The next day we left and flew to Brisbane, were we caught a bus to Byron Bay, which is where me and Linda are now. We left our friend Nerida in Brisbane to get ready for her classes. We are staying at the Arts Factory, which comes highly reccommended, and I really like it. Bryron Bay seems to be where a lot of hippies ended up, its a cool town, really pretty. The hostel has dorms, camping, tippis..we are staying in a dorm. I really like it, it is hard to describe what it is like though. There are amazing green lush plants every where you look, and today I swam in the ocean. Tomorrow is what I am really looking forward to, we are doing our first open water scuba dive and we will hopefully see sea turtles, and of course I cant wait. I hope to get some pics on here soon, but we are rushing around so much here. It feels like we havent sat still in days. Tonight at the hostel is dub and regga at the pub, and a bar-b-q, so that should be relaxing.

On the bus on the way here we met our first travellers Dave and Melissa, and they ended up being from Nanton, Alberta. They said they were from Canada, and when we told them we were too, they asked if we had ever heard of Alberta, which made me laugh. They ended up being from Nanton, less than an hour from where we live. I expected to meet people from all over the world, but not Nanton. It's cool to think that this is only the beginning of the people we are going to meet.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Honey, Glad you've finally got your feet wet. Hope you're not missing Doug (Coupland that is). Have fun, be safe, hi to Linda.

10:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kristin, I hope you have a nice day when you go swimming in the ocean. I hope you see some jellyfish. love, your sister

6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi my little blip blop I sorry it took me so long to write back to you . I have read all you e-mail .And I no how to send this stupit e-mal thing. You know me and this intorpnet don't see eye to eye and all I needed was that little walk thorw that you help me with. So now I will e-mail you every day. I so happy that you go to see a turtle did you get to pet and or play with it. Or did you get a photo. Well that all for now. Me and Kuma miss you very much. But don't worry about us as long as your having a good time that all that matter. Love Bean xoxo

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home